The Rutland County Solid Waste District (RCSWD) seeks several passionate and highly organized self-starters with exceptional planning, project management, and communications skills.
We support best management practices for solid waste management and resource recovery in communities; build capacity in the recycling and composting industries; advocate for better policies; and provide technical assistance to individuals, businesses, educational institutions, and 18 municipal town stakeholders.
Assistant Transfer Station Attendant
General responsibilities: The Transfer Station Attendant – (Part Time) is an Energetic professional who does not mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of operational and administrative that support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. works at the recycling center/scale house at the Gleason Road Regional Transfer Station. Duties include assisting customers with recyclables and trash disposal, sorting and aggregating recyclables, assisting with the setting up the drop-off area in the morning and closing it down at night.
Qualifications: The Transfer Station – (Part Time) should have at least a high school diploma or equivalent; have a clean record and clean driving history; the ability to correctly work a cash register without errors; show a demonstrated ability to perform physical labor, operate a pallet jack, and heavy equipment. The position requires the ability to work well with the public; work independently without direct supervision; complete and maintain reports. Computer experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and good decision-making.
- Ability to follow direction, and organizational policy and procedures.
- Ability to assist Transfer Station and district customers in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Ability to be trained in and obtain a complete understanding, adherence, and commitment to the District safety program.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers accurately.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills are required.
- Ability to operate a cash register, and accurately add the cost of items and return change to customers without errors.
- Ability to interact and maintain cooperative relationships with employees, customers, municipalities, haulers, schools, businesses, regulatory agencies, and members of the solid waste community.
To apply please fill out an application and send it to Mark S. Shea, District Manager at 2 Greens Hill Road Rutland, VT 05701 or via email to email@example.com
RCSWD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex.